Tuesday, 28 February 2017

My departure from an anonymous magazine as evidence of myself being "Superior".

My departure from an anonymous magazine as evidence of myself being "Superior".


I recently (once again), received a disgusting comment on my blog : “Such an inflated ego. Have you ever thought the reason so many people have a problem with you might actually be something to do with your superior attitude rather than your 'intelligence'. " I swiftly responded that I have a superior attitude by the fact that I am superior. Everything I touch turns to gold and because of that I cannot help that people become besotted by myself.  Nothing exemplifies this as my recent departure from an anonoymous magazine.  


I have recently decided to leave the magazine,  it’s a bit upsetting because I had been part of the magazine for over a year and had become quite attached and almost neurotic about the magazine. However, I felt like it was the right time for myself to leave the team there. The team and I went our own ways with deference between ourselves.


I originally was just writing for them, but I bumped into the creative director in town and they were saying they needed more sales in order to go to print, so I explained I had some sales experience for a Credit Card company campaign and quite enjoyed it and since I wasn’t really doing much I  said could help them. I then, increased their sales by 75% within three months, and started doing it full-time as their “Advertising Sales Manager”.  Whilst part of their team the magazine's readership almost tripped and expanded from being a local magazine (mainly Belfast City Center, Ballyhackamore, Belmont, Ormeau Road, Lisburn Road and Hollywood) to a national magazine covering the majority of major towns in Northern Ireland.


This is my reference from the magazine:


13 February 2017
Dear Sir or Madam,
Anonymous magazine covers all of Northern Ireland, providing a unique insight while also showcasing and highlighting a varied range of cultural expressions. In addition to our bi-monthly magazine with a readership exceeding 50,000, Magazine enjoys a strong online presence with a recognized reputation of quality. Our Magazine was a 2016 Finalist in the Irish Magazine Awards for both ‘Design’ and ‘Best Consumer Magazine’.
Adam Henry Magee contributed to Magazine for over one year and a half in two distinct roles (both composing articles and doing sales on a self-employed basis). Adam made a significant contribution to our sales and profile, attracting a wide and diverse range of clients, building up a detailed database and establishing a number of repeat customers. Adam worked on his own, displaying initiative and drive with a clear passion for promoting Magazine.
As a writer, Adam has developed his journalistic skills, covering a range of diverse topics, undertaking research, conducting interviews and compiling well-written copy. Adam would be an asset to any company or business, presenting a diverse skill set with an enthusiastic approach to his work and life. I can recommend him without hesitation and with you require any further information, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Yours faithfully,
Anonymous
Director and Senior Editor


And this is me:


Oh and this song is also about me!



P.S. My Granny has been made Ladies Captain of Holywood Golf Club (same Golf Club as Rory McIlroy), so she is also superior and superstar like myself.

2 comments:

  1. Genuinely concerned for your mental health with such a warped view of the world. You need help Adam.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adam, you can't write. It's embarrassing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your opinion!